An ERP project can take many years to complete, and cost millions to implement. Even with significant investments in time and resources, there is no guarantee of a successful outcome.
At Voyage Business Consulting, we implement ERP projects using the Benefit Realization approach. We believe ERP implementation is not an IT project. Therefore, it should not be managed using traditional IT-oriented methodology. The Benefit Realization approach integrates the technology, process and organization. It emphasis on Business Process Redesign enabled by technological advancement. Benefit realization requires organizational efforts from top to bottom:
- Vision: ERP implementation is a strategic initiative that changes the way of doing business.
- Leadership. Senior management takes responsibility of implementation as well as benefit delivery.
- Business Program. ERP implementation changes organizational structure, processes as well as culture.
- Business Process Redesign. ERP implementation designs new business processes and new organization to realize benefits.
- Organization Alignment. ERP implementation proactively manages changes as integral part of implementation.
- Measurement. An effective measurement system makes sure measures exists, measure the right things, measure things the right way and measurement guide actions.
- Continuous Improvement. ERP implementation is an on-going process that continually aligns ERP with business.
The Benefit Realization framework is a six-phase implementation methodology that supports organizational strategy. It ensures the business benefits are defined, designed and measured throughout the implementation process. For details, please contact us here.